This is Only the Beginning of a New Anti-Gun Push
That Will Carry Over Into Summer
Please Immediately Tell Legislators to Vote No!
On Monday, June 27, the following actions are anticipated in the New Jersey legislature:
1. A vote in both the Senate and Assembly to override Governor Christie’s veto of S805 / A1211 (so-called “domestic violence” legislation that fails to harshly punish violent offenders and instead harasses and redundantly regulates gun owners). More background information on this legislation is available here.
2. A vote in the Senate on S2165 (legislation that would kill new State Police regulations incrementally improving right to carry, and permanently cement in place New Jersey’s current unconstitutional “justifiable need” standard). More background information on this legislation is available here.
3. A vote in the Assembly on a newly amended version of A1426 / S816 (so-called “smart gun” legislation, creating a new state bureaucracy whose purpose is to force market acceptance of the unproven technology by requiring dealers to offer smart guns for sale). More background information is available here.
Please immediately write to all members of the State Legislature and tell them to:
- VOTE NO on the override of Governor Christie’s veto of S805 / A1211, and instead support proposals that severely punish those who commit violent acts in the domestic setting. An override on this legislation would set an unacceptable precedent and lead to more of the same.
- VOTE NO on S2165 and instead support the right of those facing serious threats to protect themselves where government has abandoned its obligation to do so.
- VOTE NO on A1426 / S816, oppose efforts to force market acceptance of smart guns, and instead allow the free market to determine viability by supporting a complete repeal of the 2002 “smart gun” law.
CLICK HERE for a list of every legislator’s email addresses that can be copied and pasted into your email program.
It is critical that gun owners make their voice heard on these bills. This is just the beginning of an anti-gun push that will carry over into Summer.
Please tell legislators to vote “no” now, and please prepare to engage further in defense of freedom and the Second Amendment as anti-gun attacks increase this summer.